The Proposed Development
Lidl proposes the redevelopment of the vacant site off Upper High Street, Epsom into a new Lidl supermarket with 30 apartments above the new store.
We would like to hear your views about these plans prior to submitting a planning application to Epsom & Ewell Borough Council.
Benefits to Epsom
The redevelopment of the Upper High Street site will provide many benefits to Epsom town centre and the local area.
- Bringing a derelict eyesore site back into use
- Increasing shopping choice in Epsom with a new Lidl foodstore
- Creating up to 40 full-time and part-time jobs for local people
- Building 30 new apartments in the town centre
- Attracting more investment into Epsom
The new supermarket, together with the residential apartments, will improve the vitality and viability of the town centre and deliver significant new investment.
Lidl is already firmly established as a leading grocery retailer throughout Europe. By offering top quality products and fresh goods at extremely competitive prices, Lidl has been able to build one of the fastest growing retail operations in the country with over 630 stores nationwide.